Monday, September 29, 2014

Wish List: Alice McCall Cruise 2014 Collection

I've written before about Alice McCall - one of my favourite Australian designers alongside Ellery. 

For some reason, I feel a deep affinity with Alice McCall. Perhaps it's because we are both London-born gals living in Australia. I just love everything about her story - from stylist to making and selling silk tops to the likes of Kate Moss, eventuating in the creation of her own widely successful brand. 

To me, her vision epitomises Australian style with an international audience in mind. Her collections are always light and playful with subtle nuances in the shape, cut and structure that would make even a Parisian girl turn her head in awe.

I have my eye on a few pieces from her Cruise 2014 Collection that I'm sure will become like treasured collectables in my closet.

The gorgeous editor of POPSUGAR Australia, Jasmine Garnsworthy wearing the She Has Funny Cars skirt ($220). The heart-shaped waist is so sweet. (Image via Instagram: @popsugarau)


The look: Twin Peaks Top ($220) with Sleep Awhile Skirt in blush ($220) 

The look: Under the Sky overalls ($280) with A Change From Top in white ($260)

The look: Ends of a Circle Pants ($240), Tinker Top White ($160) and Forever Jacket in black ($390)




Finally my favourite look: the Us and Them Skirt ($280) with the Learning to Fly Top $240. (Image from Joy Hysteric Boutique via @alicemccall)
The rest of the Cruise Collection for 2014 is simply so stunning that it's difficult to choose what pieces to buy. Although the range has been designed to mix and match so you can tailor looks to suit you and survive our sweltering summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment