Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lustin'

Unfortunately for my sanity, a morning ritual for me consists of the following: wake up, make tea, check emails, check blackberry, browse fashion online, lust over fashion online, curse my student salary for not being able to afford the clothes I have formed an unhealthy obsession over. 

After hours and hours of begging, pleading and writing for a plethora of idyllic internships, I am waiting with bated breath until someone decides to pluck me from the pack of hopefuls and offers me my dream job AND a salary that exceeds my dismal pizza-girl-pay at present.

Anyway, enough rambling, I think it's about time I pieced together some of my most coveted items of clothing, all of which are entirely out of my reach. Sigh.

TIBI Pleat-front silk shorts, $200 Net-a-porter

Tailored silk shorts in peppermint? These need to become a permanent fixture on my pins. Perhaps by Spring I can save up and get my paws on these, I can just imagine wearing them now donned with a sheer cream blouse and my suede wedges. 

ZIMMERMANN Conversation Leather Skirt, $525

Reduced from $750, I honestly don't think forking out for this beauty would be too extravagant. Black leather gives that timeless, statement-stamping edge to any outfit, yet this silhouette is so soft and feminine. This would definitely be a piece that would take pride of place in my wardrobe for years and years to come.


LOVER Classical Cape, $627

As I'm planning my overseas adventure to New York, Paris & London at the end of this year, delving deep into the heart of their winter, this would be the perfect investment to help me brave the wind, rain, sleet and snow, (whilst avoiding looking like a sack of potatoes under copious layers). I love that where there might be some sun you can show off this beautiful cashmere wonder simply draped over shoulders and under rainclouds can bury yourself in all of its toasty glory.

Having said that, local designer Alice Nightingale has a to-die-for camel wool cape that I might just snap up soon for my overseas trip. At only $120, I could literally kiss her feet for catering to my impoverished, student needs. 


So, the next couple of months are going to entail a great deal of restriction with regard to nights out on the town, impulsive online purchases and taxi fares, in order for me to claim one of my desired wardrobe fantasies. 

Which would you pick: the tailored silk peppermint shorts or the bold-as-hell leather Zimmerman skirt?

No comments:

Post a Comment