Thursday, December 29, 2011

LOVE LOCKS

Hair is the irremovable accessory to the way in which a person expresses themselves. I honestly believe that no matter what a woman is wearing, if her hair is devoid of love and pride, she carries herself somewhat less eloquently than a woman who looks after her tresses. After a few hideous haircuts and disastrous experiments with colour (black to blonde equals a garish orange), I have finally come to grips with the fact that as much as I love the idea of cropped locks and platinum blonde pixie cuts, my personality is complimented by long layers and silky chocolate tones. I've always been terrible at styling my hair because I'm an uncoordinated, fumbling mess and always end up with my hair caught in the hair dryer or burning myself on curling tongs. However lately, I've been experimenting with styling techniques whilst blow drying my hair and I've been picked up an idiot proof curling iron from my local salon that has made such a difference in my day-to-day life. 

I'm incredibly inspired by hair; the tangible feeling of infinite confidence when someone walks out of a salon with a gorgeous head of hair speaks for itself. As for style, I am a die hard fan of bold locks - overstated, blow dried barrel curls, backcombed beehives and rollers. Take the time out to take care of your hair and you'll instantly feel better about yourself. Remain on trend but know what suits you - the currency of style transcends merely one key fashion statement. Personally, I'm inspired by The Olsen Twins and socialite Olivia Palmero...












Images: 
Vogue Germany
Blogger
A Lover's Anthology




2 comments:

  1. my whole life i have longed for straight hair.. it's only now i've started to appreciate my locks! we always want what we don't have right? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true - finding a hair style that suits not just your face but also your personality is the key to success... there are lots of pictures of amazing cuts out there, but my natural, longish wave is perfect for me... and I feel so much less like myself when I try to change it up!

    Wishing for you no more orange disasters in 2012!

    it's Such a pleasure to *meet* another Brisbane blogger!

    - Catherine @ The Spring

    http://www.thespringblog.com

    ReplyDelete