Tuesday, November 15, 2011

GPV GOES FLUORO

Fluorescent fashion brings on a wave of nausea for me, as heinous flashbacks of my fourteen-year-old self haunt me. Those were the days when my besties and I would collectively customise trashy, oversized singlets from Supre, (the Australian equivalent of Tammy, or one of those shops you'd never be caught dead walking into after the age of thirteen), to create matching outfits for a school disco. 

However, fluoro is a trend that's caught my eye over the past couple of seasons, creeping back into fashion's good books with subtlety as its secret weapon. Gary Pepper Vintage is an e-boutique that snaps up style ruthlessly in an instant, so it's no surprise that their blog follows suit and makes me froth over seasonal trends during my coffee break.

Their latest spread pays homage to the most coveted blast from my wardrobe's past, but hallelujah, there are no leg warmers or sweat bands in lieu with fluoro's revival. Featuring the the most stunning citrus coloured tailored suit with a a structured lime green jacket slung over the shoulders, Gary Pepper Vintage has made realise that mistakes do deserve to inherit a second chance, because this is fucking (whatever, colourful language is all too appropriate here) phenomenal.







3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for introducing your self babe! Always nice to find more Brisbane blogger power out there.

    Loving this Gary Pepper outfit! Only she could pull off green on green on green.

    http://socialemissions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh you brought me back to the fluoro days of year eight and when I thought Supre was the shit haha. In saying this, this Gary Pepper outfit is stunning. Wish I could pull something like this off!

    LUAR

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even now it is so cold in western europe,your ourfits remind me of spring and warm new seaon...Thanks for blogging ,very pretty look!

    =============
    From http://www.checkmyfashion.com/
    An Online Wardrobe for Worldwide Fashion Lovers

    ReplyDelete